Career & Training
Job Title: Energy Advisors – Full Time
Location: Major centres throughout Saskatchewan
Piece Work: $45,000 to $80,000
NRG Inspections and Consulting Inc. is looking for new and experienced Field Energy Advisors, Software Energy Advisors, and Combined Energy Advisors. Combined EAs will travel to client homes, collect data for energy-efficiency modelling, perform airtightness test, thermal image walls and ceilings, consult with homeowners on potential energy efficient upgrades, model home with HOT2000 software and forward reports to homeowners. Field and Software EAs will share the duties of the Combined EAs.
NRG Inspections is currently in need of several Energy Advisors in Regina & Saskatoon and one for each 20 regions in the province. A dramatic increased demand for home energy efficiency evaluations is expectant in the next few weeks. Share the responsibilities with other team members and do what you are best at: computers and office; or travel and meeting new people; or have a mix of both and be a Combined Energy Advisor.
Applicants are required to successfully pass both the Foundation Level Exam and the Energy Advisor Exam prior to employment. NRG will assist successful applicants with study resources and training opportunities. Applicants may challenge the exams or take an EA Exam Prep Course.
NRG Inspections and Consulting is an NRCan-licensed Service Organization delivering energy efficient programs including EnerGuide for Houses on existing and new homes. Our passion is Net-Zero Housing, Residential Energy Consults, and Greener Homes. We are a Sask owned business, born & raised green. No one does green better than Saskatchewan!
NRG believes in providing a true team environment to its employees and subcontractors with a harassment-free, all-inclusive, and non-judgemental workplace for everyone. You set your schedule; 25 hour a week minimum. Most advisors will prefer Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Many homeowners request early morning, evening, or Saturday appointments and our support staff are available 7am to 9pm Monday to Saturday to accommodate those advisors wanting to work nonconventional hours between those times. Yearly income varies as some evaluators choose to work reduced hours. Additional hours are available for those individuals willing to travel within the province.
Interested candidates please forward your resumes to NRG Inspections and Consulting at Please include a cover letter stating the region you currently reside in, which position you prefer, if day travel is possible, and ideal work schedule including needed holidays (i.e. “I will need time off at seeding and harvest.”)
Skill sets you need in your toolbox as a Combined EA:
1. Successfully pass NRCan Energy Advisor Exam ***Required by all EAs***
2. Demonstrate knowledge of building science and house as a system.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of HOT2000 energy modelling software
4. Being able to conceptualize housing and understanding 3D spaces.
5. Excellent communication skills are required, both written and verbal. Being able to communicate complex ideas is vital.
6. Time management, be a self-starter, and disciplined as much of the work is done independently and remotely.
7. Physically fit. In collection of data the advisor will use ladders and a blower door (weighing approx. 35lbs). ***Adaptive options available for Software EA***
8. Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills are a must.
9. Valid driver's licence
10. Criminal history check
11. Cell Phone
12. Reliable Vehicle
13. Residential housing construction knowledge an asset.
14. Basic HVAC knowledge an asset
15. Previous management experience an asset
16. Own your own blower door and thermal equipment an asset.
Please send resume and cover letter to