What do I need to do before my evaluation?
- A responsible adult (18 years or older) must be present during the evaluation.
- Your home may not be quallified to be evaluated if it is under renovations at the time of the audit (I.e. drywall, insulation, windows, siding, cabinets, heating/cooling systems, etc.).
- Your home must be in habitable condition.
- All exterior openings must be sealed (windows, doors, fireplace dampers, crawlspace, attic hatches, etc.).
- Sweep your wood fireplace and close dampers to avoid soot from being drawn into your home. Do not have a fire within 24 hours of your evaluation if possible.
- Have your property tax bill and roll number (account number) ready for your advisor.
- Be sure to clear access to all areas in and around your home (including the attic and crawlspace)
- Ensure the mechanical systems can be accessed
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an Energuide Home Evaluation?
- What is the cost for an evaluation?
- What is your service area?
- What Covid protocols do you have in place?
- Are you insured?